EXPLORE CAREERS AT ELS
Location: ELS Centres – Kuala Lumpur, Subang Jaya, UPM & UTM (Johor Bahru)
Reporting directly to the Academic Director or Academic coordinator, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centers curriculum with assistance from the AD or AC, Instructional Specialists and Senior English Language Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD or AC; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
- To teach any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director or Academic Coordinator.
- To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
- To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
- To know and adhere to Center policy and procedures and to communicate local policy to associate English Language Instructors.
- To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
- To maintain performance and attendance records.
- To maintain Center resource materials and files
- To refer non-academic problems to the appropriate person(s).
- To be willing to observe for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the programmes.
- To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
- To participate in the employee evaluation process (classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
- To provide Associate English Language Instructors with assistance.
- To develop and /or refine teaching materials at the local level.
- To participate in activities during the English Language Instructor’s scheduled class hours and when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities
- To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
- To substitute in emergency situations when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD or AC.
- Education: B.Ed / BA/BSc./ + CELTA or other TEFL/TESOL (Minimum 120 hours).
- Experience: At least five (5) years of relevant ESL/EFL experience.
- Possess cultural sensitivity; personal satisfaction derived from and enthusiasm for teaching international students.
- Show empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language.
- Have good communication and organisation skills.
- Possess a desire for continuous professional development and sharing of best practices.
- Possess a commitment to high standards of delivery.
- Possess a can-do attitude that supports the ELS brand position.
- Practise respect for all.
Location: ELS Centres – Kuala Lumpur, Subang Jaya, UPM & UTM (Johor Bahru)
Reporting directly to the Academic Director, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centres curriculum with assistance from the Academic Director, maintaining student class records, fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the Academic Director, and participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
Main Job Duties include:
- Teaching any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director.
- Preparing lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- Testing, evaluating and counselling students regarding their classroom performance.
- Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Willing to participate in teaching observations (to observe and be observed) for professional development purposes.
- Part-Time position available for either Physical or Online classes
- Flexible working hours
- Higher than average Part-Time package
- ELS curriculum and materials readily available
- Ongoing training and upskilling for instructors
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: B.Ed / BA/BSc./ + CELTA or other TEFL/TESOL (Minimum 120 hours)
- Experience: At least 4 years of relevant ESL/EFL experience.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and enthusiasm for teaching international students, derive personal satisfaction from teaching
- Show empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language
- Have good communication and organisation skills
- Possess a desire for continuous professional development and sharing of best practices
- Possess a commitment to high standards of delivery
- Possess a can-do attitude that supports the ELS brand position
- Practise respect for all
Location: Mont Kiara
- Prepare monthly full set accounts for the company/ centre assigned.
- Prepare and update daily accounting entries including receipts, payments and journals.
- Update daily cash position.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Maintain proper filing of accounting documentation.
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes, including accruals, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Monitor and analyse financial performance, highlighting areas of concern and suggesting improvements or cost-saving opportunities.
- Support external audits and provide necessary documentation and explanations to auditors.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of accounting controls and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and company policies.
- Stay updated with changes in accounting standards and regulations and ensure adherence to these changes in financial reporting and processes.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as requested by Superior/ Management.
- Candidate must possess at least Professional Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in Accounting or other relevant accounting qualification.
- 3 years of working experience in an accounting or auditing role.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and AutoCount accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Monday to Friday work schedule.
- Medical card with clinical claim coverage.
- Training and professional growth opportunities.
- Friendly and family-oriented working environment.
- Exciting opportunities for growth and progression in the education and tech industry.
As Digital Marketing Executive, your role is to develop and implement effective digital marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and revenue growth. You will be responsible for creating and optimising digital marketing campaigns across various online platforms to reach target audiences, generate leads, and maximise conversions. This position requires a deep understanding of digital marketing channels, excellent analytical skills, and a creative mindset.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns: Plan, create, and implement digital marketing campaigns across channels such as search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), email marketing, content marketing, display advertising, and affiliate marketing.
- Assist in digital marketing campaigns: Support the planning, creation, and implementation of digital marketing campaigns across channels such as search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimisation (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), email marketing, content marketing, display advertising, and affiliate marketing.
- Content creation and optimisation: Create compelling and engaging content for various digital platforms, including websites, blogs, social media, and email marketing campaigns. Optimise content for search engines and user experience.
- Social media management: Assist in managing and maintaining social media accounts, including content creation, scheduling, and performance tracking. Monitor social media trends and implement strategies to increase brand visibility and engagement.
- Performance tracking and analytics: Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) such as website traffic, conversion rates, click-through rates (CTRs), and return on ad spend (ROAS). Use data-driven insights to optimise campaigns, improve conversion rates, and achieve marketing objectives.
- SEO and SEM support: Conduct keyword research, on-page optimisation, and link-building activities to improve organic search rankings. Provide support for search engine marketing campaigns, including ad copy creation and performance optimisation.
- Email marketing: Contribute to the development and execution of email marketing campaigns, including list management, content creation, and performance tracking. Ensure compliance with email marketing best practices.
- Conversion rate optimisation (CRO): Identify areas of improvement in the conversion funnel and implement strategies to increase website conversions. Conduct A/B testing, usability testing, and landing page optimisation.
- Market research and competitor analysis: Stay updated on industry trends, consumer behaviour, and competitor strategies. Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify opportunities and make data-driven recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- More than 2 years of experience in a digital marketing role
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels, strategies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools and platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, social media management tools, and email marketing software.
- Good knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools and tracking implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate innovative ideas.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Upkeep with the latest digital marketing trends and technologies.
The Sales Executive is responsible for student recruitment as well as exploring new business opportunities. Reporting to the Group Sales & Marketing Manager, your main objective is to meet the monthly sales targets by booking and holding sales appointments and signing the expected number of contracts.
- Establish effective communication and nurture relationships with potential customers to complete sales.
- Achieve monthly sales targets set by Group Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Providing reports relating to your activity and Sales progress to Group Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s various products and services.
- Perform sales administrative tasks such as updating the Sales CRM in an accurate and reliable manner, and maintaining good lead management.
- Time management and prioritisation skills to meet deadlines and close sales in a timely manner.
- Attend any training sessions assigned to you as part of your learning and development.
- One to two years of experience in a relevant area of sales or marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Interpersonal skills and comfortable with meeting new people on a daily basis.
- Familiarity with CRM software, preferably HubSpot, is an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills for the purpose of closing deals.
- Willingness to adapt and implement new sales methods.
- Quick thinking to provide creative solutions that address customers’ needs and concerns.
- Passionate about selling, resilient and willing to deal with rejection.
- Result-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high-quality service before and after sales.
- Professional Sales Qualification or University Degree in Sales & Marketing or relevant sales experience.
- At least 2 years of sales experience. Experience in Education Sector would be an added advantage.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin, spoken and written. Candidates who are fluent in Mandarin are preferred because the role requires candidates to interact with Mandarin-speaking clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The International Student Advisor/ Student Advisor reports directly to the Centre Director and is responsible for overseeing and managing various aspects of student welfare and development – including student engagement, support services, extracurricular activities and ensuring a conducive learning environment aimed at promoting a positive and enriching student experience within the ELS centre and beyond. His/ her responsibilities include performing all the following in addition to other duties as may be necessary or assigned by the Centre Director from time to time.
The International Student Advisor/ Student Advisor is responsible for performing the following specific duties:
- Assisting students with their basic needs e.g. opening a bank account, transport, accommodation, social activities, registering with their embassies and associations, etc.
- Assisting the Academic Director and Centre Director in organising student orientation and graduation.
- Planning, promoting and conducting student activities and maintaining the student activities budget.
- Updating and maintaining students’ notice boards with up-to-date and relevant information e.g. university counselling notices, the latest happenings in town, useful information related to language learning, etc.
- Arranging to pick up students from the airport when necessary.
- Liaising with landlords for student accommodation arrangements.
- Counselling/ Advising and assisting students with immigration matters (visa applications/ renewals/ cancellations/ shortening/ special pass etc.).
- Maintaining up-to-date information on Student visa regulations/ policies (transfers, withdrawals etc).
- Assisting students in filing claims for medical insurance. Keeping accurate records and communicating with the insurance company.
- Maintaining information including, but not limited to, the following areas and acting as a referral source for students at banks, post offices, area transportation, travel agencies, rental car agencies, recreational facilities, social services, campus resources and international student organisations.
University Placement Counseling and Services
- Counselling and assisting qualified students with university/college selection and admission by providing up-to-date and accurate information.
- Communicating with representatives or personnel from universities and colleges in the recruitment process.
- Organising at least one seminar per session on education through internal presentations or invited guests.
- Keep accurate records of students’ application status.
- Establishing contacts with universities and colleges to gain recognition of ELS’ CIEP qualification (levels 106 to 109).
- Answering enquiries (phone, email & walk-in).
- Attending education & school fairs.
- Preparing/ maintaining files for new/current & past students – to include ALL required documentation
- Keeping accurate student visa reports
- Updating MIA List & making the necessary reports (police & immigration).
- Assisting current students in general enquiries.
- Assisting in placement tests
- Performing any other duties as and when assigned.
Other Specific Standards of Performance
- Conduct at least 3 student activities per session
- Welcome new students individually
- Interview exiting students and report
- Monitor student visa status by checking with the Registrar at the start of each session
Limits of Authority
The International Student Advisor/ Student Advisor should not:
- Make/ alter any policies or decisions on the Centre’s behalf;
- Terminate or suspend students without prior approval of the directors;
- Participate as a manager, teacher or consultant in any other business enterprise without prior approval of the Centre Director
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Diploma/ Degree in Business or related fields.
- Experience: Relevant work experience preferred.
- Personal Characteristics: Must be confident, self-reliant and self-motivated; must have poise and bearing; must be stable, flexible and organised; must have the ability to analyse and solve problems; must be culturally sensitive.
From 3 months to 6 months, subject to visa requirements.
All year round – you choose your start and finish dates, but subject to school term dates.
Based on the list of requirements from the Malaysian Immigration Department – Expatriate Service Division.
- Arrangements surrounding your Programme
- Visa Application (if required)
- Full pre-departure support and assistance
- Meeting you at the nearest airport
- Transfer to the placement site
- Local in-country team support and backup
- 24-hr emergency support
- Certificate of Completion
What’s Not Included:
- Flight costs
- Daily meals
- Daily transportation in and around Malaysia
Who Can Join This Programme?
- This programme is open to university students (year two onwards) or graduates with a qualification relating to the teaching of English (TESOL/TEFL/TESL).
- Suitable for those taking a year off their studies and are interested in teaching or working with international students overseas, teaching projects abroad, or studying abroad.
- Also available as a summer/winter placement in Malaysia, short breaks or for those wanting to gain some TEFL experience.
What Can You Expect To Gain From The Internship?
- Professional development – candidates joining the ELS Academic Internship Programme will experience the teaching and running of an internationally accredited language centre.
- This internship is a full-time programme (Mondays-Fridays) and some weekends when additional student activities or trips are organised.
- Interns will be guided by experienced ELS teachers who will provide an orientation to the role and supervise them throughout their tenure.
- They will participate as an active facilitator in ELS programmes by engaging and interacting with groups of ELS students to enhance their communicative (mostly speaking) ability and confidence. Interns will also play a vital role in coordinating and ensuring the students’ positive learning experience by creating opportunities to use the English language in everyday settings.
- Interns will be expected to take part in student activities, both at the centre and outside such as CSR projects involving the community or student trips.
- Exposure to a multicultural environment – teaching in an international language centre exposes interns to a multicultural environment where they will meet and interact with students and staff from different parts of the world. This experience will help them appreciate and respect different cultures, and broaden their perspective.
- Aside from the wealth of knowledge and experience interns will gain from this programme, they will also experience living in one of the most culturally-rich nations of Southeast Asia.
- Build own resume – Interning in an international language centre can be an excellent addition to the resume. It demonstrates that they have practical experience in a professional teaching environment and have the ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.