Reporting directly to the Academic Director, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centres curriculum with assistance from the Academic Director, maintaining student class records, fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the Academic Director, and participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
- Teaching any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director.
- Preparing lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- Testing, evaluating and counselling students regarding their classroom performance.
- Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Willing to participate in teaching observations (to observe and be observed) for professional development purposes.
- Part-Time position available for either Physical or Online classes
- Flexible working hours
- Higher than average Part-Time package
- ELS curriculum and materials readily available
- Ongoing training and upskilling for instructors
- Education: B.Ed / BA/BSc./ + CELTA or other TEFL/TESOL (Minimum 120 hours)
- Experience: At least 4 years of relevant ESL/EFL experience.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and enthusiasm for teaching international students, derive personal satisfaction from teaching
- Show empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language
- Have good communication and organisation skills
- Possess a desire for continuous professional development and sharing of best practices
- Possess a commitment to high standards of delivery
- Possess a can-do attitude that supports the ELS brand position
- Practise respect for all