TEROKA KERJAYA DI ELS
The Academic Director reports directly to the Centre Director and is responsible for all operations concerning the academic programme in compliance with the ELS Language Centres Operations Manual, Franchise Agreement, and the local Centre’s policies and procedures as established by the Company. Specifically, the Academic Director is responsible for the implementation and development of the curriculum; the testing, placement and evaluation of students; the scheduling of classes; and the hiring, training, development and dismissal of instructional staff. In the absence of the Centre Director, the Academic Director is responsible for the operation of the Language Centre.
The Academic Director is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
- Developing and conducting the academic program in such a manner that it meets all standards of ELS Language Centres' standardised curriculum.
- Mengambil, melatih dan menyelia kakitangan pengajaran.
- Providing substitute and/or regular classroom instruction.
- Developing and maintaining the instructional budget by staying within instructional-hour guidelines.
- Memesan dan menyelenggara semua bahan pengajaran.
- Menyelia penempatan, ujian dan penilaian pelajar.
- Menjadualkan kelas, guru dan pelajar.
- Mengorientasikan pelajar baharu kepada program akademik.
- Submitting required academic reports to universities and/or sponsors according to schedule.
- Submitting required reports to the Centre Director/ Director of Operations and to the Director of the Academic Planning & Training Unit according to schedule (second Monday of each session).
- Supervising the instructional staff.
- Supporting the agreed-upon retention % within the centre by implementing retention and returners strategies.
- Membantu pengurusan program khas seperti yang diarahkan.
- Maintaining Centre operations in the absence of the Centre Director.
- Menjalankan tugas-tugas lain yang perlu atau ditugaskan.
Keperluan Kerja Minimum:
MA in ESL/TESOL/TEFL, Applied Linguistics or related field preferred. BA/BS with equivalent experience required.
- pengalaman: At least five (5) years of teaching experience in the field of ESL/EFL and at least two (2) years of experience as an administrator in charge of teachers and teaching–related responsibilities. Curriculum planning and implementation.
- Ciri-ciri peribadi: The Academic Director must be service oriented and have the ability to work to meet the needs of teachers and students in a close-knit academic setting. The Academic Director must also be flexible and creative in dealing with immediate problems of scheduling and programme requirements, sensitive to the needs of both teachers and students, and committed to conducting a high-quality academic programme within budgetary guidelines. Good communication and organisational skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential, as well.
- In-Service Training: 120 working days under the supervision of the Director of Operations/ Director of the Academic Planning & Training Unit of comparable training required.
- Prepare monthly full set accounts for the company/ centre assigned.
- Prepare and update daily accounting entries including receipts, payments and journals.
- Update daily cash position.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Maintain proper filing of accounting documentation.
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes, including accruals, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Monitor and analyse financial performance, highlighting areas of concern and suggesting improvements or cost-saving opportunities.
- Support external audits and provide necessary documentation and explanations to auditors.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of accounting controls and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and company policies.
- Stay updated with changes in accounting standards and regulations and ensure adherence to these changes in financial reporting and processes.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as requested by Superior/ Management.
- Candidate must possess at least Professional
- Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in Accounting or other relevant accounting qualification.
- 3 years of working experience in an accounting or auditing role.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and AutoCount accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Monday to Friday work schedule.
- Medical card with clinical claim coverage.
- Training and professional growth opportunities.
- Friendly and family-oriented working environment.
- Exciting opportunities for growth and progression in the education and tech industry.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Centre Director is responsible for overall operations (Admin and Academic) concerning his/ her individual Language Centre in compliance with the ELS Language Centres Operations Manual, the Franchise Agreement, and the local Centre’s policies and procedures as established by the Company.
Specifically, the Centre Director is responsible for:
- The implementation and development of the curriculum; the testing, placement and evaluation of students, scheduling of classes, and the hiring, training, development and dismissal of instructional staff.
- Mempromosikan dan mengekalkan suasana yang kondusif untuk persekitaran kerja yang menyenangkan bagi pekerja dan persekitaran belajar yang menyenangkan bagi pelajar.
- Developing and implementing customer service and sales activities that will result in growth at the Centre and ensuring that the Centre’s enrolment is operating at capacity.
- Develop and maintain strong links and relationships with stakeholders (incl. government agencies, partner universities and landlords)
- Ensure that the centre is known and respected by the university community, industry peers, and referral sources by doing centre-specific outreach.
- In addition to the above, the Centre Director is also expected to contribute and assist in additional duties related to the business of ELS Language Centres, Malaysia and its holding company.
Keperluan Kerja Minimum:
- Pendidikan: MA in ESL/TESOL/TEFL, Applied Linguistics or related field, and BA/BS with equivalent experience. Courses in business management, cross-cultural awareness, counselling and EFL/ESL are preferred.
- pengalaman: At least 3 years of teaching experience in the field of ESL/EFL and 3 years managing an EFL or educational program with full supervisory responsibilities, including hiring and evaluating personnel. Cross-cultural or international experience and experience in sales and fiscal management are preferred.
- Ciri-ciri peribadi: Must be confident, self-reliant and self-motivated; must have poise and bearing; must be stable, flexible and organised; must have the ability to analyse and solve problems; must be culturally sensitive. Good communication and organisational skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential, as well.
On-the-job training will be provided under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Director of Academic Planning & Training Unit.
Reporting directly to the Academic Director or Academic coordinator, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centers curriculum with assistance from the AD or AC, Instructional Specialists and Senior English Language Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD or AC; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
- To teach any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director or Academic Coordinator.
- To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
- To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
- To know and adhere to Center policy and procedures and to communicate local policy to associate English Language Instructors.
- To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
- To maintain performance and attendance records.
- To maintain Center resource materials and files
- To refer non-academic problems to the appropriate person(s).
- To be willing to observe for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the programmes.
- To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
- To participate in the employee evaluation process (classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
- To provide Associate English Language Instructors with assistance.
- To develop and /or refine teaching materials at the local level.
- To participate in activities during the English Language Instructor’s scheduled class hours and when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities
- To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
- To substitute in emergency situations when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD or AC.
Minimum Job Requirements
Pendidikan: B.Ed / BA/BSc./ + CELTA or other TEFL/TESOL (Minimum 120 hours).
pengalaman: At least five (5) years of relevant ESL/EFL experience.
- Possess cultural sensitivity; personal satisfaction derived from and enthusiasm for teaching international students.
- Show empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language.
- Have good communication and organization skills.
- Possess a desire for continuous professional development and sharing of best practices.
- Possess a commitment to high standards of delivery.
- Possess a can-do attitude that supports the ELS brand position.
- Practice respect for all.
Reporting directly to the Academic Director, the English Language Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS Language Centres curriculum with assistance from the Academic Director, maintaining student class records, fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the Academic Director, and participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate English Language Instructors.
Main Job Duties include:
- Teaching any of the ELS academic programmes as assigned by the Academic Director.
- Preparing lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- Testing, evaluating and counselling students regarding their classroom performance.
- Maintaining a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Willing to participate in teaching observations (to observe and be observed) for professional development purposes.
- Part-Time position available for either Physical or Online classes
- Flexible working hours
- Higher than average Part-Time package
- ELS curriculum and materials readily available
- Ongoing training and upskilling for instructors
Minimum Job Requirements
- Pendidikan: B.Ed / BA/BSc./ + CELTA or other TEFL/TESOL (Minimum 120 hours)
- pengalaman: At least 4 years of relevant ESL/EFL experience.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and enthusiasm for teaching international students, derive personal satisfaction from teaching
- Show empathy for the problems of learning English as a second language
- Have good communication and organisation skills
- Possess a desire for continuous professional development and sharing of best practices
- Possess a commitment to high standards of delivery
- Possess a can-do attitude that supports the ELS brand position
- Practise respect for all