SAME ELS STANDARDS, SAME QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
ELS has developed LiveClass, a digital version of our internationally recognised Intensive English Programme. The LiveClass follows the same learning objectives and standards that we have developed for close to 60 years as a leading English language provider. Taught by our qualified teachers, now fully trained to teach online, students can expect a fun, engaging and effective learning experience!
OUR EFFECTIVE VIRTUAL LESSONS FEATURE
- Small class sizes (5-12 students per class)
- Collaborative learning with other students
- Digital ELS Textbooks with Interactive Practices
- Personal 1-to-1 Progress Checks with ELS Staff
All the above elements come together to enhance overall student learning by allowing more time for student participation, reflection, collaboration and peer interactions.
- 6 Weeks Per Level
- Classes & Activities held Mondays to Fridays
Structure & Speaking Practice
Learn to communicate accurately and effectively in English through fun classes that teach Listening, Speaking, Vocabulary and Grammar. Practice using English in meaningful situations through activities such as group work, role-playing and class presentations.
Reading & Writing
Develop your reading comprehension, increase your reading speed and develop key writing abilities. Reading and Writing lessons include group discussions and writing practice.
Customised Learning Support (CLS)
Small group of classes where teachers will focus on your learning needs to allow you to become more confident in discussions and learn skills such as problem-solving, research, critical thinking and English communication.
Assignments and Group Work
After each class, your learning will be supplemented by assignments that allow you to practice applying your new language skills. Group work may also be assigned to encourage peer learning and collaboration.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
|BEFORE YOUR CLASS||DURING YOUR CLASS||AFTER YOUR CLASS|
Your teacher will assign you a pre-lesson material to read, practice or watch in preparation for your LiveClass discussions.
You will join your teacher and a small group of 5 – 12 students online. Your teacher will lead the lesson by outlining the lesson objectives and facilitate your class discussions based on the pre-lesson material assigned. Your participation and progress will be recorded and monitored by your teacher.
Your language learning will take place 5 days a week. From Mondays to Thursdays, you will attend 3 classes daily:
Fridays are reserved for group activities and remedial classes with ELS teachers.
Your teacher will assign you homework to do either on your own or in a group. You can download your homework from ELS Online, an online platform where you can also connect with your classmates for discussion and with your teachers for feedback and error-correction.
YOUR DAILY SCHEDULE
Monday to Friday
|Monday to Thursday||Friday|
|9.30am – 10.30am||Structure & Speaking Practice||Group Activities & Remedial Classes|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Reading & Writing|
|12.30pm – 1.30pm||Customised Learning Support|
|1.30pm – 3.30pm||Self-study, Digital Learning, Assignments & Group Discussions|
*Sample schedule only
ELS TEXTBOOKS BY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC LEARNING
ELS partnered with National Geographic Learning to produce custom instructional materials specifically for the Structure & Speaking and Reading & Writing classes. Our textbooks combine the engaging content that National Geographic is famous for, together with comprehensive digital activities and exercises to enhance the learning experience for you both in and outside the classroom.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THE ELS LIVECLASS?
- Small class sizes of 5 – 12 students
Specially trained and qualified online English teachers providing:
- 4 lessons of Structure & Speaking Practice per week
- 4 lessons of Reading & Writing per week
- 4 hours of Customised Learning Support per week
- 1-to-1 Checks with ELS Staff
- Tailor-made ELS Textbooks by National Geographic Learning
- Full access to ELS Online materials aligned to ELS levels
- ELS Certification & Transcript
JOIN ELS LIVECLASS
Learn. Practice. Progress.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 80-120 GB hard drive or higher
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 2.0 GHz Intel or AMD processor
- Windows XP or Windows 7 or later/ OS 10.6 or later
- Microphone and speakers
- Web Camera
- Zoom App (Free to download here: https://zoom.us/download)
- MS Office 2007 or later, Office 2008 (for MAC) or later
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome 7.0 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later
- Broadband Internet with a minimum speed of 5Mbps
- having a maximum class size of 12 students
- scheduling daily Customised Learning Support (CLS) where students can get additional help and practice for their areas of weaknesses. CLS has a maximum class size of 6 students
- making sure that teachers and staff are available online from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm should the students need more help or further consultation
- providing more interactive and guided learning materials that students can use for additional practice and self-study.
- conducting group activities and remedial classes with ELS teachers on Fridays
Yes! Our LiveClass lessons follow the Intensive English Programme Structure and Evaluation Criteria developed by the ELS headquarters in Princeton.
Classes and activities are held from Mondays to Fridays as well.
- Undergraduate programmes: Complete ELS level 107
- Postgraduate programmes: Complete ELS level 108/ 109
- Digital Textbooks powered by National Geographic Learning
- Access to our highly-qualified and trained English-speaking teachers
- 180 minutes a day of face-to-face virtual English teaching (3 x 60-minute classes)
- Full access to ELS Online with self-study resources produced by National Geographic Learning