ELS COVID-19 POLICY
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?
The symptoms of COVID-19 are very similar to symptoms of other illnesses, such as colds and flu. Symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- a high body temperature or shivering (chills)
- a continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
Get tested for COVID-19. You can buy a self-test kit from the pharmacy.
Please consult a doctor if your symptoms are severe or if you are worried about your condition.
Upload your COVID-19 self-test result on the MySejahtera app.
Report your COVID-19 self-test result to ELS Centre.
Begin your 7-day Quarantine at your home/ room as per the Home Surveillance Order (HSO) in your MySejahtera app.
- Stay at home and separate from other people as much as possible.
- Report your symptoms on MySejahtera daily.
- Monitor your symptoms. If you have severe symptoms such as difficulty breathing, seek emergency medical care immediately.
- Wear a face mask if you must be around other people at home and in public.
- Do not travel.
- Use a separate bathroom, if possible.
- Take steps to improve the ventilation at home, if possible.
- Don’t share personal household items, like cups, towels, and utensils.
From the day you receive the positive test result, regardless of your vaccination status.
On Day 8
Yes - but only if you obtained a negative result on a supervised (by a doctor) RTK-Ag test. The test can be done from Day 4 onwards. You can book a supervised RTK-Ag test at the nearest health facility or online.
If you still tested positive for COVID-19, you must continue to quarantine until Day 7.
You may resume your usual daily activities, including attending physical classes at ELS. No other COVID-19 testing is needed after quarantine.
If your health permits, you may continue with your learning activities while in quarantine by:
- Attending classes remotely via Zoom
- Watching CIEP short/ bite-sized videos to supplement your physical classes
- Attending Bonus/ Remedial sessions during or after the quarantine period. This is to provide additional academic support to students and consolidate the lessons covered.
Otherwise, you may choose to defer to the next available session. Fees will be brought forward to the next session.